From: Claes Redestad
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2016 9:24 AM
To: core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net core-libs-dev
Subject: RFR: 8162439: Runtime.Version.parse needs fast-path for major versions

Hi,

please review this patch to address a startup regression due to use of
Runtime.Version.parse("8") etc in JarFile, as introduced by JDK-8150680.
This solution introduce a fast-path in case of what appears to be a single
number is sent to Runtime.Version.parse to avoid initializing
Runtime.VersionBuilder:

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8162439/webrev.01/

Passes all existing tests.

Thanks!