On 28/07/16 14:22, Chris Hegarty wrote:
Another issue where an internal platform thread is unnecessarily
retaining a reference to its creating thread’s context class loader.
In this case, it appears to be safe to use an InnocuousThread,
which will have a null context class loader.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8156824/01/

Hi Chris,

I was concerned that Pool.expire() might require permissions
(it writes to the socket channel and closes the socket),
but if I'm not mistaken you only need perms to create/bind
a socket, right?

best regards,

-- daniel

It’s not clear to me why the construction was not always in a
privileged block, maybe “modifyThread” was assumed. We now
definitely need a privileged block as the context class loader is
being set.

-Chris.