On 19.08.2016 17:32, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
I'm less comfortable with the compareTo change because it may make it
slower and that may have knock on effects. I think a comment saying
that both are bounded would be enough in compareTo()

Okay.  I reverted that change back then and added a comment.
The webrev is updated:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/8164366/02/webrev/

With kind regards,
Ivan