Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed, the class doesn't really fit into the modern
world as it is now, for its original intended purpose. So, for its original
intent of configuring and controlling the JIT compiler(s), I'm more than
happy about the deprecation.

There are a couple of scenarios that I know of that make uses of the
java.lang.Compiler class as a generic entry point into the VM, not related
to the original intent at all. Let me think a bit about how to phrase those
scenarios correctly and update in a follow-up reply.

Thanks,
Kris