> On Sep 7, 2016, at 6:29 PM, Naoto Sato <naoto.s...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mandy,
>
> Although avoiding the hardcoded pathname is good, it is specific to the
> BreakIterator implementation of the COMPAT provider. So I am not sure making
> a generic SPI would be needed here.

I was thinking of one of the internal services that jdk.localedata currently
provides.

> Anyway, this split package issue is blocking Alan's push, so I'd like to push
> the change as it is. We can get back to this later.

I agree this can be cleaned up as a separate issue.

 152                 InputStream is = module.getResourceAsStream(
 153                     ("jdk.localedata".equals(module.getName()) ?
 154                      "sun/text/resources/ext/" : "sun/text/resources/") +
dictionaryName);

It may be easier to read if line 153-154 are moved and assign to a separate
variable.  Otherwise, looks fine.

Mandy