On 08/09/2016 14:23, harold seigel wrote:
Hi,

Please review this fix for JDK-8165634. The fix changes the --add-modules option from being a 'last one wins' option to a cumulative one. With this change, if multiple --add-modules options are specified, the VM accumulates all the options' values, instead of ignoring all but the last option's value. The --add-modules values are reported back to the JDK as properties using the Arguments::create_numbered_property() function.

JBS Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8165634

Open webrevs:

   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8165634.hs/

   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8165634.jdk/
This drops a dup check from addExtraReads that I assume should not be in this patch.

The rest of the jdk changes look okay. One suggestion for getExtraAddModules is to just return Collections.emptySet or Set.of when the first getAndRemoveProperty returns null. We're in the interpreter during this early start so everything counts.

-Alan