Hi Lucy,

On Oct 4, 2016, at 5:35 PM, Lu, Yingqi <yingqi...@intel.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for reviewing the patch and providing the detailed
> error/warning messages. They are very helpful!

You are welcome.

> We will look into the issues and solve them in the next version of the patch.
> Test cases for O_DIRECT and modified copyright year will be added in next
> version too.

Given that the functionality of O_DIRECT on Linux appears to be supported by
other interfaces on OS X, Solaris, and Windows, I wonder whether the patch will
need to be refactored in some way to accommodate these other operating systems?
For reference it looks as if direct I/O on OS X uses the F_NOCACHE command of
fcntl(2) [1] (although per some online comments this might have some problems),
Solaris uses the advice argument of directio(3c) [2], and Windows uses a
combination of flags passed to CreateFile() [3, 4].

Thanks,

Brian

[1]
https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man2/fcntl.2.html