> On Oct 19, 2016, at 4:22 PM, Alexandre (Shura) Iline
> <alexandre.il...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Mandy,
>
> I have a question around line 228 of
> src/jdk.jdeps/share/classes/com/sun/tools/jdeps/JdepsTask.java:
> 224         new Option(false, "--list-deps", "--list-reduced-deps") {
> 225             void process(JdepsTask task, String opt, String arg) {
> 226                 task.options.showModulesAddExports = true;
> 227                 task.options.reduced = opt.equals("--list-reduced-deps");
> 228                 task.options.verbose = PACKAGE;
> 229             }
> 230         },
>
> What is the expected behavior of jdeps if I use ‘—list-jdeps’ at the same
> time as, say, ‘-v’?

-v (or other verbose options) specifies the granularity of analysis.
-—list-deps only does package-level analysis and so verbose option has
essentially no effect.

> Should there be more checks similar to these?
> 483             if ((options.findJDKInternals) && (options.hasFilter() ||
> options.showSummary)) {
> 484                 showHelp();
> 485                 return EXIT_CMDERR;
> 486             }
> 487             if (options.showSummary && options.verbose != SUMMARY) {
> 488                 showHelp();
> 489                 return EXIT_CMDERR;
> 490             }
>
> Looking on already existing options, with the current implementation, for
> ‘-s’ and -v’ options:
> ‘-v' ‘-s’ causes ‘-v' to be ignored

> ‘-s' ‘-v’ is not allowed.

-s and -v are conflicting options and both cases should not be allowed.  It’s a
bug.

> If used with ‘-jdkinternals', ‘-s’ is not allowed, while ‘-v’ is ignored.

-jdkinternals and -v and -s are conflicting options.  Can you file an issue for
this bug?  I will need to take a pass on all options and should also consider
subcommands.

Mandy