Hi,

I'd like to ask for a review of a patch that merges the -Xmodule: functionality into --patch-module. After this patch, the input source files are matched against modules patched with --patch-module, and are compiled as-if they were part of the module they are patching. (In the multi-module mode, patches for more than one module can be compiled, in the single-module mode, patches for only one module can be compiled.)

Removal of the -Xmodule: option will need adjustments in several repositories, as tests in multiple repositories are currently using -Xmodule:, and also jtreg is using the option. The current patch hence preserves the existing -Xmodule: functionality, although the option is hidden and no longer announced in help. I think it would be good to push the javac/langtools change proposed below, and then continue with other repositories.

The langtools patch is here:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jlahoda/8173777/langtools.00/

(note it also contains changes to jshell and javadoc).

Proposed jdk repository changes are here:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jlahoda/8173777/jdk.00/

How does this look?

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,