SubmissionPublisher#closeExceptionally does trigger Subscriber#onError, but based on javadoc, I cannot really be sure that it will be called, since it contains exactly the same wording as SubmissionPublisher#close

/** * Unless already closed, issues {@link * Flow.Subscriber#onError(Throwable) onError} signals to current * subscribers with the given error, and disallows subsequent * attempts to publish. Future subscribers also receive the given * error. Upon return, this method does <em>NOT</em>guarantee * that all subscribers have yet completed. * * @param error the {@code onError} argument sent to subscribers * @throws NullPointerException if error is null */

So, Pavel, if that is not a bug, how can the SubmissionPublisher be closed in a way that subscribers are notified?

Thanks for the link to the other mailing list - do I understand it correctly that I should move this thread there?

Thanks and regards,
Pavel