On 24.08.2017 23:43, Paul Sandoz wrote:
On 23 Aug 2017, at 23:49, stanislav lukyanov <stanislav.lukya...@oracle.com>
wrote:
I still think that instead of debugging this spec and making sure that it
behaves similarly to `asType`
it would be better to keep delegating to the implied `asType` and allow it not
to throw IAE for too many parameters.

I actually prefer the explicit approach here, rather than re-purposing asType
and by extension asVarargsCollector (“as if by asType but …”), but i do take
your point (IIRC) that the specification of asVarargsCollector could duplicate
some common specification text.
Yes, I guess duplicating the text would help to avoid inconsistencies.
Should I file an RFE (P5?) for synchronizing the texts of invokeWithArguments, asVaragsCollector and possibly asType?

Thanks,
Stas