On 11/6/17 4:23 PM, Brent Christian wrote:
Please review my code change for this.  The webrev is here:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bchristi/8185925/webrev.03/

It's a good footprint improvement.  Thanks for doing this.

StackFrameInfo.java

  38     // Footprint improvement: MemberName::clazz can replace
  39     // StackFrameInfo::declaringClass.

The above comment can be removed.

41 private final boolean retainClassRef;

JVMS [1] has a note about Hotspot implementation of boolean array that is encoded as a byte array. That explains JOL output that this boolean field is 8-bit in our implementation.  This field could be changed to a byte to hold additional flags, if any in the future.  It may be good to change this to a byte making the field size explicit.

Otherwise looks good.

Mandy
[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jvms/se9/html/jvms-2.html#jvms-2.3.4
An automated test run is in progress.