Hi Paul,

just some quick process-related questions.

Is this intended to be targeted for jdk 10?

Is the current implementation already available in a separate
repository and/or branch? I've read in the RFR for 8186046 that some
parts are currently being refined in the amber repository. Or is the
complete implementation already available there?

If I want to port this to ppc64, what's the best way to start and what
do I need? Is it just the two webrevs for 8187742 and 8186046 on top
of the jdk hs repo? Or is it a branch of the amber repo?

You may know that there's currently a discussion going on about what
is a JEP and what's the right way to implement and integrate a JEP
into the mainline. The general idea is that only 'finished' JEPs will
be targeted and integrated into the always feature complete main line.
So is this and the review for 8186046 about the integration into the
jdk repo (which shouldn't happen before the JEP is not targeted for
jdk10) or is it just the review before the JEP can actually be
targeted? This is important because there's not much time before the
jdk10 repos will enter Rampdown phase 1 and we would still have to
port this to ppc (and also ARM/SPARC) if it will be targeted for jdk
10.

I don't want to question the merits and quality of the current
implementation which I'm sure are great. For me as an external
observer its just hard to oversee the current status of the
implementation.

Thanks,
Volker