Hey,

Most functions in the Math class are intrinsic ( http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8u/jdk8u/hotspot/file/tip/src/share/vm/classfile/vmSymbols.hpp#l664 ) and will use native instructions where available. You can also test this yourself using jitwatch. There is no native call overhead.

The standard library does not currently include less accurate but faster Math functions, maybe someone else can answer if that is something to be considered.

- Jonas Konrad