In DateTimeFormatter line 1508, this would be preferred:

  return  new DateTimeFormatter(printerParser, locale, ds,
resolverStyle, resolverFields, c, z);

In DateTimeFormatterBuilder.getLocalizedDateTimePattern() there is no
spec change wrt using "rg".

Should findRegionOverride() just return a Locale instead of am
Optional<Locale>? It always seems to have an orElse(locale).

Java-Time tests look good.

thanks
Stephen