Hi Rémi,

I'm sure I've misunderstood something, but AFAIK the code example you gave
is already valid code and was valid as far back as Java 8 (I don't have an
IDE at hand to confirm this).

Did you perhaps mean to ask instead that the code snippet below would work
with the resolution of
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-4993841 (difference
being that it uses .codePoints() instead of .chars())? Or have I completely
lost the plot?

String s = "hello".codePoints()
        .mapToObj(Character::toString)
        .collect(Collectors.joining());