On 15/03/2018 5:56 PM, Peter Levart wrote:
Hi Aleksey,

In test, the following comment:

  26  * @summary This is a test to ensure that proxies do not inherit static methods.

I think the word "inherit" is not correct here. Interface static methods can not be inherited. VM already ensures that. Perhaps the comment should be:

    "This is a test to ensure that proxies do not try to override interface static methods."

Nothing can actually override an interface static method even if it tries to (in the sense class static methods may be overridden). So I think this test checks that proxy class doesn't try to do this, right?

To be pedantic, talking about "overriding static methods" is as wrong as talking about "inheriting static methods. They can't be inherited and so can't be overridden.

In this context perhaps "intercept" would be a better choice? Or even "proxy"?

David

Regards, Peter