Hi Alan,

Thank you for your response. I'm happy that my patch was attached. But, I don't
see attachment. So, I inlined patch which contain diffs from 2 changesets in
mail text. If a Jira bug is opened for this issue, probably I can attach
complete and consolidated patch there.

At high level, I'm adding following charsets to standard charset in java.base.
For this, I have to change IBM943C and IBM942C from source to template to
handle java package and aliases. It is also required to add codepage 932 as
alias for IBM942C because both are one and same.

Big5, Big5_HKSCS, GB18030, IBM942, IBM942C, IBM943, IBM943C, IBM950, IBM970,
IBM1124, TIS_620

These are default charsets for some of locales supported by Operating System
(AIX). Since these are not available in standard charset, JDK can't be used in
those locale even if they are available in jdk.charset module (java -version
fails).

I've followed some of the discussions around this in community and understand
that default charset of a locale should be made available in java.charset
module by using stdcs-* mechanism. On Linux, they were added to java.base in
similar way. As it is missing for AIX, I've added them to enable JDK support
for more locales.

Thanks,
Bhaktavatsal Reddy