Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the update. In the test files, please remove the unnecessary imports of List and the various Predicate types. In most cases it's not a problem to have unnecessary imports. I happened to notice in this case that they're left over from the previous version of the webrev, and looking at the current webrev by itself, it's clear they're unnecessary.

Thanks,

s'marks

On 4/17/18 6:23 AM, Vivek Theeyarath wrote:
Hi All,
        Please find the updated webrev
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vtheeyarath/8184693/webrev.04
Regards
Vivek

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Marks
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:11 AM
To: Vivek Theeyarath <vivek.theeyar...@oracle.com>
Cc: core-libs-dev <core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net>; Paul Sandoz
<paul.san...@oracle.com>
Subject: Re: RFR: 8184693: (opt) add Optional.isEmpty

Hi Vivek,

Please add "@since 11" tags to the doc comments of the four Optional*.isEmpty()
methods.

Regarding the tests, I don't think the various newly added testIsEmpty() tests
are useful. The setup in those test files already generates a fairly
comprehensive set of Optional values from a variety of sources. All the
assertion checking is performed in the checkEmpty() and checkPresent() methods.
It should be sufficient to add an assertTrue(isEmpty()) call to checkEmpty() --
as you've done -- and also to add an assertFalse(isEmpty()) call to
checkPresent(). If these assertions are added, the additional testIsEmpty()
test is unnecessary.

This applies to all four of the regression test files.

Thanks,

s'marks