> On Apr 30, 2018, at 9:05 AM, Martin Buchholz <marti...@google.com> wrote:
>
> Off by one pixel!
>
> 8202397: Typo in X-Buffer javadoc
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/jdk/X-Buffer-typo/
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/jdk/X-Buffer-typo/>
> <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202397>

+1

> Fixes a long-term micro-embarrassment:
>
> 8201634: Random seedUniquifier uses incorrect LCG
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/jdk/Random-Ecuyer/
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/jdk/Random-Ecuyer/>
> <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8201634>

Finally! that should put to rest any numerology on the matter :-)

> An obvious optimization:
>
> 8202398: Optimize Arrays.deepHashCode
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/jdk/deepHashCode-optimize/
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/jdk/deepHashCode-optimize/>
> <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202398>

I would prefer that the deeply nested ternary expressions be changed to a more
expected if/else if/else, and the last else throws an InternalError(“Should not
reach here”) with some such message if you really want to express the case of
an undetected array type.

—

For performance i suppose we could, when value types arrive, special case
arrays of values, where the component value type has no references (direct or
indirect) if that is even possible to efficiently detect i.e. a value type that
is like a primitive. (Note, at the moment in the Valhalla L-world proposal
arrays of values are subtypes of Object[]).

Paul.