On 4/27/2018 4:30 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 27/04/2018 05:51, Joe Wang wrote:
Hi,

Considering extending isSameFile to add isSameContent to Files. Please review.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk11/8202285/webrev/

specdiff: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk11/8202285/specdiff/java/nio/file/Files.html
I assume we should ignore the implementation for now as the eventual implementation won't use readAllBytes (at least not for for large files).

webrev was provided since sometimes it's helpful. But yeah, I've updated the impl.

The existing isSameFile is specified as "Tests if two paths locate the same file" and it would be good if the new method could be somewhat consistent with that, e.g. "Tests if the content of two files is identical".

Updated accordingly.

Specifying that two path that locate the same file always returns true is reasonable. This could be make clearer by say that the returning always returns true when path and path2 are equals, if event if the file does not exist.

Modified with a couple of bullet points, added the above to the first.

The @return should say that it returns true if path and path2 locate the same file or the content of both files is identical.

Added.

The javadoc for SecurityException has "to the file", I assume this should be "to both files".

Fixed too.

Thanks,
Joe

-Alan