Hi,

On 2018-05-11 19:02, Martin Buchholz wrote:
Thanks Claes,

This all looks correct, but I would ....
- rename the ranged version of lastIndexOf lastIndexOfRange
- introduce hashCodeRange and equalsRange
- add "final" to all the Object[] es

sure,

- hesitate to optimize ArrayList.equals(ArrayList).  Do you have a particular use case in mind?

experimentally this can bring a pretty dramatic improvement in benchmarks over small lists, since use of ArrayList$Itr seems to consistently fail to inline and be removed by EA.

At some point we will want to make all the package-private methods truly private due to Nestmates, but I'm hoping someone will use tool support to do that in bulk.

That'd be neat; in the meantime I hope noone takes issue with package-privates. :-)

/Claes