Hi Max,

On 6/4/2018 7:24 PM, Weijun Wang wrote:
Hi Roger

Thanks for the explanation.

Another question: Before this change, a SecurityException might be thrown when
getProperty() is called, does you new code simulate this behavior? Or in these
cases this is unnecessary?
Many of the usages were already in doPriv or GetPropertyAction flows so no security check was being done.

In a few cases, the existing doPriv is in a different file (e.g. calls to SunEntries.getDeviceFile(utl)). Those would be safer to leave as is, trading off the consistency with confidence about the property check
(or add the property access check).

The usage in SocksSocketImpl needs a second look, Alan pointed out a difference in behavior.

The use of user.name in MimeTable and MailToURLConnection were missing a security check.

Also, looks like all change is inside java.base, do you have a suggestion we
use it in other JDK modules?
Not at this time.

Roger

Thanks