It worked fine for default encoding,
$ LANG=Vi_VN ~/jdk/bin/java PrintDefaultCharset
Vi_VN   x-IBM1129       IBM-1129        IBM-1129
$

And also code table is fine.

We would appreciate to open a bug/RFE for this change request.

Ichiroh Takiguchi
IBM Japan, Ltd.

On 2018-05-30 10:41, Nasser Ebrahim wrote:
Hello,

I just realized that I missed to provide the details of the test I have
conducted for the new charset IBM-1129. Please note that I have done the
following jtreg tests to make sure the new charset is working properly.

sun.nio.cs.TestCharsetMapping
java.nio.charset.Charset.RegisteredCharsets
sun.nio.cs.CheckHistoricalNamesTest
java.nio.charset.RemovingSunIO.SunioAlias

Please let me know if I have to run any additional tests.

Am aware of the suggestion from Alan and Thomas in the mail thread
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2018-May/053316.html
to move the IBM platform specific charsets to a separate module instead of adding to jdk.charsets. We will open another thread to discuss that topic
as we would like to contribute many more extended charsets. However, I
believe we can still consider integrating this charset without waiting for
the conclusion of that discussion as this charset is part of default
charset for AIX and needs to be part of the java.base. If we decided to
move the IBM charsets out of jdk.charsets, we can move this charsets as
well for non-AIX platforms.

Kindly request you to open a bug/RFE for this change request, review the
fix and provide your feedback.

Thank you,
Nasser Ebrahim