On 09/12/2018 04:30 PM, Roger Riggs wrote:
Hi Stuart,

The implementation retains the previous handling of empty path elements for URLClassPath in the implementation.  The spec for the new methods is explicit about dropping empty elements.

For a library API, it is inadvisable to support implicit context such as the current working directory.
I received some offline comments about proposing too many methods and
dropped the variants that supported replacing empty path elements with an explicit path.

Keeping the empty path elements would simplify the spec though.

...and it's easy to .filter() them out if the parsing method returns Stream<String>...

Regards, Peter

Thanks, Roger