On 9/21/18 4:32 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 20/09/2018 21:56, mandy chung wrote:
:

FWIW.  It reads to me that the launcher mode should not be set to LM_CLASS when parsing -cp option as it does not know the mode until all options are
parsed. Then set to LM_CLASS if mode == LM_UNKNOWN (if not set).
But this requires closer inspection of the current implementation and it's
something for the future.
This is somewhat fragile area of the launcher code. I don't think the processing of --class-path should set the mode as the class path can be used in conjunction with other options. The -jar and -m option will select the mode of course but other cases should probably leave it as LM_UNKNOWN until the final determination with IsSourceFile.

I file https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8211033 and we could clean this up in the future.

Mandy