On 23/11/2018 19:51, Scott Palmer wrote:
I’m curious how this relates to the -m or —module option.
I had though it looked like the module equivalent of the -jar option.

The argument to --module/-m is a <module-name> (or <module-name>/<main-class>), not a JAR file. I'm sure the topic of executable modular JARs files be back on the table some day but it needs to be looked at in conjunction with the issues around having multiple modules in the same artifact. They would be likely be work needed in several Maven plugins and other parts of the eco system too.  In the mean-time, it's not too hard to package multiple modules into the same JAR file and have a main class that creates a configuration and module layer from the modules in the JAR files.

-Alan