On 2018-12-03 17:06, Alan Bateman wrote:

On 03/12/2018 16:02, Claes Redestad wrote:
Hi,

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8214712/jdk.00/

This looks okay to me but the changes remind me that there are several attributes name in KNOWN_NAMES are should probably be removed as they aren't defined by Java SE or the JDK.

Thanks, Alan!

The extra Names added to KNOWN_NAMES was my doing, and it was based on commonly used attributes in Jar file manifests scanned from a set commonly used applications as an alternative to building up a Name cache dynamically (which is frought with other perils). The chose extras gave a marginal but measurable improvement in startup to a wide array of applications as a result, and their inclusion is strictly an internal implementation detail. If you insist on having them removed I won't object, but I believe it's an harmless optimization.

/Claes