On 15/02/2019 17:13, Chris Hegarty wrote:
:
I see that there are changes to the Java SE Platform, namely to the
MapMode constructor and an overload of MappedByteBuffer::force. I see
these more as "enablers" in support of this feature ( rather than the
core of the feature itself ). They can happen as part of the same
changeset, or could possibly be pushed separately upfront.

Yes, the 2-arg force method is useful on its own and could be done in advance (if Andrew wants). There are several detailed API issues with this method but we should be able to agree those quickly (Andrew - these are issues due to MBB being a ByteBuffer so we have to sort out - long from/to vs. int index/size, the upper bound check against the limit rather the capacity, and IAE vs. IIOBE - I'll put these in another mail). Making map mode extensible is also something that can be done in advance. The only piece that is would make it SE scope is the isSync (was isPersistent) method but I don't think it is strictly needed to be exposed initially.

-Alan