Hi Christoph,

I'm only commenting on the HttpClient changes, I'll let
others comment on the other changes...

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8223553.0/src/java.net.http/share/classes/jdk/internal/net/http/ExchangeImpl.java.udiff.html

I have a profound dislike for using @SuppressedWarnings, unless
it's the only alternative. My preference would be to introduce
local variables, if that can make the compiler happy, until such time
where the issue is actually resolved...

For instance, it seems that the following would work:

    // Use local variable assignments to keep other java compilers
    // happy and avoid unchecked casts warnings
BiFunction<Http2Connection, Throwable, CompletableFuture<? extends ExchangeImpl<U>>> factory = (h2c, t) -> createExchangeImpl(h2c, t, exchange, connection); Function<CompletableFuture<? extends ExchangeImpl<U>>, CompletableFuture<? extends ExchangeImpl<U>>>
        identity = (cf) -> cf;
    return c2f.handle(factory).thenCompose(identity);

best regards,

-- daniel