On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 5:06 AM Martin Buchholz <marti...@google.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 2:01 PM Roger Riggs <roger.ri...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmm.  Can_JOHNNY_EXEC naming is a bit quirky, not intuitive...
>>

> I'm the original author of that joke^H deeply evocative symbol name, so I
> might be biased.

I like the name :)

But thinking seriously about this, I think that "fail_pipe" is still a good
clear name: any communication over this channel has to do with handling
errors, included the child-alive-signal.

I thought about alternatives: "oob_pipe" (as in out-of-band) or "comm_pipe"
or "child_pipe" but all feel slightly wrong.

I would vote for keeping the name as it is: I would have to change a number
of places, and when in doubt I'd like to keep the changes minimal to make
backporting future changes easier.

..Thomas