On 05/06/2019 09:43, Andrew Dinn wrote:
On 04/06/2019 11:40, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 03/06/2019 15:37, Andrew Dinn wrote:
:

The CSR and JEP have been updated accordingly

CSR:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8224975
JEP:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8207851

The specification section in the CSR was missing the module definition
so I added that. The rest looks okay so I've added myself as Reviewer so
you can finalize it.
Thanks, Alan. Done.

I see the CSR is finalized now and I'm sure Joe will look at this in the coming days.

I re-read the JEP and I think it needs a few edits before seeking Brian's endorsement.

One thing is that the scope is "JDK" but the Description still has a "Proposed Java SE API Changes" sub-section. The supported interfaces are the new jdk.nio.mapmode module and probably the name of the new buffer pool, everything else is describing the implementation. I think the "Proposal Internal JDK API changes" section is okay.

I think the "Alternatives" section should list waiting for Project Panama as an alternative. We've had at two discussions here about buffers not being the long term API for this and I think we should at least acknowledge that in this section. This goes partly with the reference in the "Risks and Assumptions" section to the the absolute bulk put/get methods - these methods have been added for Java SE 13.

-Alan