I just tried this out. One thing that has changed since my last testing was the
“create-installer” vs “--package-type” parameter.

“--package-type all” isn’t allowed.   If I want to create .rpm and .deb, or
.exe. and .msi, do I need to run twice now?

Maybe this could be a comma separated list or the --package-type parameter
could be specified multiple times?

This also doesn’t address the issue on macOS where the the typical distribution
of a .pkg file is in a .dmg image.  On macOS you typically have either an
Application Bundle (the raw macOS app image) in a .dmg, or an installer package
(.pkg) in a .dmg.    I’ve never seen a .pkg distributed on it’s own, though I
guess there is no reason it couldn’t be.  Unlike the Application Bundle, an
installer package really is a single file.

The --help output on macOS ends with the line “Platform dependent options for
creating the application package:” with no options listed after that.  Are
there options for setting the background graphic image of the installer package
and different images for each flavour of .dmg?  The .dmg with the Application
Bundle should be able to have a different background image than the .dmg with a
.pkg installer.  The most common contents of the Application Bundle .dmg are a
alias to the Applications folder and an arrow graphic on the background to
suggest dragging the app bundle to the Applications folder.  For a installer
package no such arrow image would be needed, though you may have a graphic with
some instructions, or just branding imagery.

Regards,

Scott