On 7/2/19 6:59 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
This is really good work and fixes several issues left over from JDK 9. The compatibility issues (mostly small/advanced) are unfortunate but necessary and I hope it won't impact too many things. It will need a detail release note once the CSR is done and the changes are in.

The existing usage of `privateLookupIn` I am aware of is using a private
lookup object and do deep reflection in one module.   I expect that the
compatibility risk should be low while the library developers/maintainers
are encouraged to test with EA early.

I've taken several passes over the changes and I don't see anything obviously wrong. One minor nit is that the @throws IllegalAccessException in accessClass(Class) needs to be updated to allow for it to thrown when not accessible from the previous lookup class. Also VerifyAccess::isModuleAccessible shouldn't need to if the package is exported unconditionally as it is covered by isExported(pn, m1) && isExported(pn, m2).

Good point.  Fixed.

Webrev updated:
   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk14/8173978/webrev.01/

Mandy