On 7/2/19 6:57 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:
Thanks Mandy,

It seems I commented on the thread mentioned in the issue you linked to. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like any work has been done on the issue.in the last 18 months.

I did start to explore some options and never have time to spend on this as I have been working on other higher priority projects.

Yes, LogRecord doesn’t get the StackTraceElement. We only get it for the one stack entry we are interested in and we only do that because Log4j is still compatible with Java 7 and creating our own class would be too disruptive. Still, the cost seems to be in locating the correct frame, not creating the StackTraceElement.

Do you have data/information where you find the overhead comes from?  if you avoid using StackTraceElement, that'd help understanding it.

Mandy