On 26/07/2019 22:12, Mandy Chung wrote:
Debug VM checks if a class is accessible to the lookup class except if the lookup class is java.lang.Object (which was the lookup class of publicLookup previously). WithJDK-8173978, Lookup::in has changed and it can be used to create a new public Lookup on a different lookup class.

A quick fix for this bug is to pass Object.class for resolution for a Lookup object with UNCONDITIONAL mode as previously.  The lookup class and allowed modes are used to check if the resolved member is accessible to this Lookup object.  We should re-examine this area in particular publicLookup (see JDK-8173977).
Looks okay as a quick fix, surprised it is only caught with tier5 or 6 testing. I assume JDK-8173977 will need a priority boost.

-Alan