On 8/15/19 12:43 PM, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
On 8/15/19 9:11 PM, Mandy Chung wrote:
On 8/15/19 11:59 AM, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
On 8/14/19 9:42 PM, Mandy Chung wrote:
     http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk14/8193325/webrev.05/
Looks good.

So, to reiterate, we do not need to initialize bci to -1 for StackFrameInfo,
because it is not
exposed anywhere?

No, it is only exposed via public API after the StackFrameInfo is filled by the
VM.

If the uninitialized value is observed, the MemberName may not be uninitialized
either.   Both bci and MemberName fields should be handled if the race becomes
an issue.
Okay then.

I checked the object footprints before/after the patch, and they are the same.
After-patch version has a single byte to spare for something else, if we ever needed it.
(The first gap is VM-injected "version" field).

Thanks for checking that.

Mandy