Hi Matthias,

Thanks for cleaning this up.

On 19/09/2019 4:57 pm, Baesken, Matthias wrote:
Hello, as discussed below ,   I want to cleanup  some older references to
sun.java.launcher.pid.
Please review the following change.

After removal  of some code belonging  old  LinuxThreads   (JDK-8078513)   ,
the   sun.java.launcher.pid   handling code remained  but
  seems to be  obsolete these days .

Bug/webrev :

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mbaesken/webrevs/8231171.0/

src/hotspot/os/bsd/os_bsd.cpp

Can you delete the entire comment block here:

1126   // Under the old bsd thread library, bsd gives each thread
1140   // OSThread::thread_id() method in osThread_bsd.hpp file

as it was simply copied from Linux and is nonsense on BSD.

Otherwise that all looks good to me. No need for an updated webrev.

Thanks,
David
-----

Best regards, Matthias

Hi David, thanks for the additional  information .
I opened

8231171: remove reamining sun.java.launcher.pid references

   to do the additional cleanup .

Best regards, Matthias