I am glad to see that people are making progress on this front. Did you see the
points I raised about the new arguments and inputs that need to be provided in
order to build code-signed packages that can pass Appleā€™s current notarization
requirements in Catalina? I am currently successfully notarizing a Java disk
image created by the early access version of jpackage, but I need to do the
signing and notarizing myself because jpackage does not yet support specifying
use of the hardened runtime, nor the necessary entitlements for the JVM to run
properly in that hardened environment. I would be happy to share what I found
works whenever that might be helpful.

Cheers,

        -James