On 01/03/2020 18:19, Claes Redestad wrote:
:

After discussing it a bit offline, Andriy and I would like to simplify
the dash-checking code a bit to make it more clear, as there seems to be
no obvious performance drawback of simplifying to (ch1 == '-' && ...).

New webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8196334/open.01/

This looks good and keeping the old code for the size != 36 case gets around the compatibility issues discussed here with previous attempts to improve it.

A few minor nits: The effective TODO to optimize Character.digit in the declaration of NIBBLES seems like something for JIRA, not a comment here. I assume the fully qualified class name for java.util.Arrays is because this patch was initially developed outside of java.util? Can parse4Nibbles be moved to after the declaration of NIBBLES to avoid it being in the middle of the two fromString methods?

-Alan.