jpackage is not and not planned to be available on Solaris. It is only on Windows, Linux and Mac. Is this a sufficient argument to bring in the patch as is and not rework it to make C++98 compliant? According to the list of supported compilers [1] on platforms where jpackage is available they all support C++11 for several years already.

[1] https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/Build/Supported+Build+Platforms

- Alexey