From:Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com>
Send Time:2020年3月8日(星期日) 22:13
To:董登辉(卓昂) <denghui....@alibaba-inc.com>; Erik Gahlin <erik.gah...@oracle.com>
Cc:hotspot-jfr-dev <hotspot-jfr-...@openjdk.java.net>; core-libs-dev
<core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net>
Subject:Re: RFR: 8238665: Add JFR event for direct memory statistics

 On 05/03/2020 15:19, Denghui Dong wrote:
Hi Alan and Erik,

 Sorry, I'm not sure if I fully understand what you mean.
 For this feature, I still think exporting jdk.internal.access to jdk.jfr is a
good solutionsince there are
 some other packages has already exported to jdk.jfr in this module.
 I think it would be cleaner to put a helper in jdk.internal.misc so that JFR
has access to the counters for each of the buffer pools. That would avoid
additional plumbing when you extend it to mapped buffers. As I mentioned in one
of the other mails, ManagementFactoryHelper.getBufferPoolMXBeans() could be
changed to use it too. From the perspective of java.base then it's a lot nicer
as anyone touching the buffer code doesn't need to have to concerned with
direct access from code in java.management and jdk.jfr.

 -Alan