On 10/03/2020 02:54, Yangfei (Felix) wrote:
Hi,

   We found module-info.class in java.base.jmod is not always consistent across
different builds.
   The ModuleHashes attribute in this module-info.class is not reproducible
between builds.
   Patch fixes the issue by using TreeMap instead of HashMap when computing
ModuleHashes.

   Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~fyang/8240734/webrev.00/

This looks okay (and to Bernd question, this is used at link time). I think we need to extend the test coverage for reproducible builds, the existing JLinkReproducibleTest.java would ideally have caught the difference due to the random ordering of hashes.

-Alan.