Without commenting on the merits of the proposal, let me point out that asking
for a sponsor at this point is skipping many important steps.

I would recommend you focus first on *building consensus* that (a) there is a
problem, (b) you have identified the correct problem, (c) it is a problem that
needs to be solved, (d) it is problem that needs to be solved in the JDK, (e)
that you have evaluated the possible solutions and analyzed their strengths and
weaknesses, and (f) that the correct solution has been identified.  (There are
more steps, but you get the idea.)