On 5/1/20 4:36 PM, Maurizio Cimadamore wrote:

Now there's dup(). I think implementing dup() on a root scope is not too hard - for the child you probably need some trick, but probably not too bad - in the sense that in a Child scope, the cleanup action is really the increment of the root exit scope. So you could have a:

close(boolean doCleanup)

like we do now, and avoid the cleanup on dup (which in the case of the Child will avoid the adder increment). I *believe* this should be functionally equivalent to what we have now.

I optimized the dup() on both root and child scopes as much as possible in last version of MemoryScope. I also added some comments about usage of methods. I'll make a PR for this version incorporated in the panama shortly:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk-dev/8243491_MemoryScope/v3/MemoryScope.java

Regards, Peter