On 5/15/20 9:45 AM, Severin Gehwolf wrote:
> So, Andrew Haley, what's the verdict on this one? There is a risk, yes.
> Not fixing the bug seems riskier, though. Thoughts?

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I think we have to keep sun.misc.Version working correctly but
sacrifice binary consistency in JVM_GetVersionInfo. As long as stuff
such as AOT compilation and class data sharing keep working I think
we're OK. It's not great, but it's an almost-inevitable consequence of
using a one-byte field for the minor version and bumping releases by
10.

--
Andrew Haley  (he/him)
Java Platform Lead Engineer