On 8/24/2020 5:08 PM, Alexey Semenyuk wrote:
Andy,

I'd propose instead of checking if the app is bundled with proper runtime in the test case, enforce the test case to always create runtime for the app with JPackageCommand.ignoreDefaultRuntime(true) call:
---
JPackageCommand cmd = JPackageCommand.helloAppImage(
  71 JavaAppDesc.parse("com.hello/com.hello.Hello"))
  76                 .addArguments(...)
                       .ignoreDefaultRuntime(true);
OK.
---
With ignoreDefaultRuntime(true) call added there is no need to call JPackageCommand.isFakeRuntime().

Is com.hello/com/hello/Hello.java used at all? I'd guess after we had refactor all package tests this source is not used any more. Can it be removed yet?

It looked like ArgumentTest was using it, but I removed it and all still run

revised webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~herrick/8251988/webrev.04/

/Andy

- Alexey