On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 16:58:24 GMT, Phil Race <p...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> You reference a desktop bug that discusses many, many deprecations ...
Yep. In my opinion this is a bot problem here and need other place to discuss.

> Yet you propose to fix precisely one of these.
@prrace:  Not really.
The way to work with problems differ. Both bugs - maybe these are more quality
change requests than bugs - are bullet lists and are created on build process.
The different is, I work on single quality tests and remove deprecated code
from source base. So in my clean Java build the method java.io.File.toUrl()
does not(!) exist.
Because java.io.File.toURL() doesn't exist, also two patches are needed for JDK
build process (internal I use diff-patch).

> And I'd like to hear whether you actually _tested_ splashscreen with your
> change ? I see no sign that you did.
I'm not sure, what you want to listen. I work with a clean Java build with
patch to remove java.io.File.toURL() and change the collateral damages.