On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 13:31:52 GMT, Rémi Forax
<github.com+828220+fo...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Jim Laskey has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   8248862: Implement Enhanced Pseudo-Random Number Generators
>>
>>   Changes to RandomGeneratorFactory requested by @PaulSandoz
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/random/RandomGenerator.java line 745:
>
>> 743:      * if the period is unknown.
>> 744:      */
>> 745:     BigInteger UNKNOWN_PERIOD = BigInteger.ZERO;
>
> move those 3 values into RandomGeneratorFactory ?

Will ponder on this one. I tend to agree with you since they are most likely to
be used for filtering factories RandomGeneratorFactory querying was a later
development. period() originally was a RandomGenerator query, but got moved
when more queries were added. This will require a CSR and will come later.

> src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/concurrent/ThreadLocalRandom.java line
> 444:
>
>> 442:     }
>> 443:
>> 444:     private static final AbstractSpliteratorGenerator proxy = new
>> ThreadLocalRandomProxy();
>
> should be declared inside ThreadLocalRandomProxy, so the value is only
> initialized when proxy() is called

agree

> src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/concurrent/ThreadLocalRandom.java line
> 453:
>
>> 451:      * @return a {@code RandomGenerator} object that uses {@code
>> ThreadLocalRandom}
>> 452:      */
>> 453:     public static RandomGenerator proxy() {
>
> proxy is a generic name, is there a better name here ?

will investigate

> src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/concurrent/ThreadLocalRandom.java line
> 459:
>
>> 457:     // Methods required by class AbstractSpliteratorGenerator
>> 458:     public Spliterator.OfInt makeIntsSpliterator(long index, long
>> fence, int origin, int bound) {
>> 459:         return new RandomIntsSpliterator(proxy, index, fence, origin,
>> bound);
>
> should use proxy()

will investigate