On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 09:42:49 GMT, Severin Gehwolf <sgehw...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The default implementation of javax.xml.stream.XMLEventReader produced a
>> StartDocument event that always indicated that the "standalone" attribute
>> was set.
>>
>> The root cause of this was that the
>> com.sun.xml.internal.stream.events.XMLEventAllocatorImpl always set the
>> "standalone" attribute, rather than asking streamReader.standaloneSet()
>> before setting the property of the StartDocumentEvent being created.
>
> @MariusVolkhart I'll work with you getting the fix in and get the test
> running using jtreg. Give me a few moments to reproduce.

Thanks @jerboaa

I have a JBS number now:
[8256515](https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=JDK-8256515).
Since opening the PR I've learned that I've gone about the process backwards,
and should have found a Sponsor before making the PR. As such, I haven't
updated the commit message to avoid sending a premature RFR to the mailing list